Onsite Technical Manager
Onsite Technical Manager
Part time position
Our Onsite Technical Manager role requires a multifaceted individual, particularly with a natural ability to learn on the fly; thriving in the event industry pressures and making fast, concise decisions from a wealth of previous experience. Successful in managing large temporary teams by quickly building strong professional rapport to achieve the best overall results.
The primary responsibility is managing onsite registration services (from small conferences to 30,000+ attendees) and liaising with clients, as the primary point of contact onsite. Managing our onsite registration services consists of these core responsibilities:
- Set up and the running of onsite registration equipment.
- Training and supervision of onsite temporary staff.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Exceptional customer service; Liaising with clients.
- Providing reports and data to customers as required onsite.
- Entrance and queue management.
- Advising on best solutions to enable registration to run smoothly onsite.
- Attending meetings with clients.
- Rapidly develop a thorough understanding of the event industry and the market sector we operate within, together with a thorough understanding of the services we have to offer.
- Willing to be involved in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly over the telephone, with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in setting up and configuring hardware would be essential.
- We use bespoke systems however a good knowledge of Microsoft products would be
- Proven experience in leading people in time-critical, high-volume operations.
- Positive and enthusiastic with a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent organisation skills with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- A quick learner, willing to learn new processes and procedures.
- Be a confident decision-maker.
- Approach problems thoroughly and logically.
- Have a proactive nature, with the ability to react calmly.
- A Full UK driving licence.
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Solution-focused, with the ability to prioritise.
- Accurate, with high attention to detail.
- Good team player, yet willing to take personal responsibility for issues.
- Able to follow processes and procedures.
- Have a willingness to learn new systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Able to be patient, tolerant and problem-solve accordingly.
- Flexible and hardworking approach, with a can-do attitude.
- A passion for success and always striving for excellence.
- Persistent and resilient under pressure, with a good sense of humour.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Be honest and act always with integrity.
- Have a strong customer service mindset.
As the role stretches across the United Kingdom, we are looking for someone willing to travel, with the flexibility to stay onsite over multiple days in local accommodation. The role also offers the possibility of overseas travel.
The daily rate will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK need apply.
Interested in applying for this role? Please email our Managing Director: [email protected]